Voter turnout ‘moderate’ near Journal Square – The Jersey Journal – NJ.com – News Journal Blogs



As of most 5 p.m., citizen portion had been medium at School 11 on metropolis Avenue soured Journal Square where votes are existence patch for Districts B-5, C-10, C-12 and C13.


A 46-year-old environmentalist B citizen from Highland Avenue said she voted for Mayor Jerramiah Healy for politician and for the whole Healy slate.


“He’s been beatific to milker City and we requirement to ready whatever stability,” said the blackamoor who is a municipality employee. “He’s not as perverse as the another side,” said the woman, referring to Mayoral politician Steven Fulop.


Healy and Fulop are believed to be face runners in the mayoral vie which includes politician Abdul J. Malik.


Herbert Perez, 51, of Academy Street, said he voted for Fulop’s ticket, locution he believes Fulop is more of an exponent for minorities than is Healy.


“I conceive that if we permit minorities advise up, it’s progress,” said Perez. “The municipality is more and more different and I conceive Healy can’t appendage it.”


A 43-year-old Tours Avenue Negro voting in the environmentalist C vie said he pulled the tumbler for Malik for mayor. He said he doesn’t tending for Healy or Fulop.


“Healy gets if half right,” the Tours Avenue Negro said as he mitt the polling place. “He gets a some things done, but I conceive he’s embarrassing.” As to Fulop, the Negro said “I didn’t conceive his schtick – establish something first.”


A 42-year-old environmentalist C Negro leaving the polling locate with his 6-year-old son said “I same what Healy’s doing,” but he said his votes for council way were integrated between the tickets.


A environmentalist C blackamoor leaving the polling locate said exclusive that she “voted for change. Sometimes they’re in there likewise long.”


Voting began as 6 p.m. and module modify at 8 p.m. Healy is the functionary in the mayoral vie and he is streaming for his ordinal flooded term. All sextet environmentalist council way are up for election, as is a councilperson at-large seat.




Today We Begin a Journey

Today We Begin a Journey Last July 14th my daughter and I decided to see how many of Chicago's finest used bookstores we could hit in a day. To 'weird it up' just a little bit I decided to go barefoot and see how many of the stores would kick me out. None of them did. Always one with an appetite for adventure I found a rare two volume set of the complete expedition journals of Lewis and Clark. They were quite expensive but I could not resist and perhaps it was my being barefoot while I negotiated the price with the proprietor that led us to come to terms favorable to moi and led to me becoming the owner of these amazing volumes. I knew that because the books were special that I had to come up with some rather unique way of reading them. I couldn't just read them like any other book. I felt like I had to read them in a way that 'put me there' so to speak. After long and thoughtful consideration and an iron willed discipline to resist cracking them open I came up with a plan. I noticed that the journey of discovery that Lewis and Clark would undergo started on May 14th 1804. It came to me right then and there. I would wait until May 14th 2013 to begin reading The Journals of The Expedition of Lewis and Clark. Exactly two hundred and nine years later to the day. And I would read the journals as they were written. One entry each day... that day's entry... on that day. I would be able, I supposed, to ponder the journey and the significance of the words journaled in a deeper and more meaningful way. I would be a member of that expedition over the more than two years that they took to travel more than eight thousand miles. Today my friends marks the first day of that adventure. The first entry was rather short... 'Monday May 14th 1804 All the preparations being completed, we left our encampment. This spot is at the mouth of the Wood River, a small stream which empties itself into the Mississippi, opposite to the entrance of the Missouri. It is situated in latitude 38'55'19" 6/10 north and longitude from Greenwich 89'57'45". On both sides of the Mississippi the land for two or three miles is rich and level, but gradually swells into a high pleasant country, with less timber on the western than on the eastern side, but all susceptible of cultivation. The point which separates the two rivers on the north, extends for fifteen or twenty miles, the greater part of which is an open level plain, in which the people of the neighborhood cultivate what little grain they raise. Not being able to set sail before four o'clock P.M., we did not make more than four miles, and encamped on the first island opposite a small creek called Cold Water.' I've waited since July 14th 2012 to read this entry. And here on the day that the expedition set off I'm led to wonder just what Lewis and Clark were thinking starting such an epic journey at 4 P.M.? I mean... what... a couple of hours of drifting in the current and you gotta find an island and set up camp for the night. I dunno dudes... I may have just waited until May 15th to shove off. But that's just me. And I wasn't there. But in a way I guess I'm going to be. Discussing this with my oldest daughter in the car this afternoon we both thought it would be interesting to keep a journal of our own as we participated on the journey ahead. A new project was born. This is my first entry in the 'Journal of Viewminder: Expedition Member on the Lewis and Clark Expedition'... 'May 14th Man... it rained like crazy all day. Almost all day actually. Everything was soaked and Lewis and Clark kept discussing whether or not we should actually leave today. By four in the afternoon me and most of the crew were all ready to just call it a day and leave the next morning... but nooooo... Lewis was all like 'I said we were gonna be leaving today and we're leaving today. Which was really dumb because we got like all of four miles until we had to stop for the night and set up camp on some swampy mosquito infested island in the middle of the river. I figured maybe I could sneak back and spend the evening in the bars at St. Louis and somehow maybe walk back by the morning... if I got lucky I might be sleeping in a more comfortable bed if you know what I mean. We didn't see anything cool anyways and I think it was a stupid idea to leave today. I can't wait to see some Indians.' I had to figure out why they left so late so I started to look into it. It was raining that day and maybe that had something to do with it. Starting off on such an adventure at four in the afternoon though... there's gotta be a story behind that. My daughter suggested we post our journal on Tumblr and maybe she's on to something. I'm really looking forward to this whole adventure unfolding and I think it'll be a lot of fun for all of us. Looking out the window I thought to myself 'this was how it was on the day that they left and I'm going along with them.' How cool is that? I've waited a long time for this day... to open Volume One right where the epic roadtrip without roads began and here I am. I'm excited. I'm going on an adventure. If my daughter gets the Tumblr site going tonight... maybe we'll take you with us. Bon Voyage!



  • 3 times seen on flickr

  • Taken on July 14, 2012

  • Uploaded on May 15, 2013

  • More from Viewminder:

  • More from anybody:


All Rights Reserved



Voter portion ‘moderate’ nearby Journal Square – The milker Journal – NJ.com


This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a reply

Other Popular Posts in this Blog:

Pageviews past week